It comes with a ruby red exterior and a black leatherette interior. It was originally painted sand beige from the factory and since has received a respray in sky blue and then finally ruby red. The ruby red was applied a few years ago and still looks very good up close.
All of the window rubber is very pliable and in excellent condition. The glass is original showing the Sekurit markings and the window trim is shiny with no pitting or corrosion.
The entire interior has been redone with the addition of houndstooth being applied to the seats.
The trunk, engine compartment and underbody has been inspected for any corrosion and rust. The floor pans appear to be original and in very good condition. The front trunk and engine compartment were in very good condition with minor surface rust. They were sanded, treated and resprayed.
The body is straight with good gaps with the exception with the hood on the drivers side needing some adjusting. No rust or bubbling are present.
The engine and transmission numbers are no longer available on a Porsche COA ( Certificate of Authenticity ) but according to the 912 Registry it does fall into the 1965 production year and appears to be original.
Recent servicing on 3/2018 at 94037 miles includes,
* Major service: oil change, spark plugs, distributor cap w/ rotor, drive belt, gear oil replaced, valve cover gasket.
* Clutch and motor mounts.
* Transmission rebuilt.
* Engine pad replaced.
* Replaced fuel engine lines
* Shift linkage rebuilt.
* Brake master cylinder replaced.
* Suspension disassembled and replace spring plate bushing, trailing arm bushing, replaced shocks w/ Koni, front control arm bushings replaced,
swayer bushings replaced.
* Generator rebuilt.
* Repair wiring harness for driving lights.
* Install H4 headlights.
* Repair windows on doors.
* Replace heater can\bles.
* Replaced door strikers and adjusted.
* Repaired door lock.
* Replaced steering wheel bearing spacer sleeve.
* Repaired horn.
* New tires and alignment.
On 12/19 at 95154 miles,
* Cylinder head repair to correct #3 exhaust valve.
Compression is now #1@155, #2@160, #3@160 and #4@160.
* Brake fluid flush.
* Hook up radio and antenna.
* Repair drivers side rear window frame.
* Replace door switches so interior lights work properly.
* Replace right license frame light and back up lights.
This 1965 Porsche 912 is from a local collector who is also a PCA member and 912 Registry member.
Pre-purchase inspection report available upon request.